06 June 2011

FYI...

Two random thoughts:

1. I never got the aviators, instead, I went with the Ray Ban Wayfarers.  Actually, I got the "new Wayfarer" since I apparently have a small face.  Either way, I like them!




{Source}

2.  I absolutely despise TOMS shoes.  I hate them.  I think they look like you wrapped your feet in fabric or tin foil.  Ick.  

The whole "buy a pair and we'll donate a pair" is fabulous but, you can just take my money and give a pair to a child in need.  I don't need my complementary pair.  I will not wear them.  AND - if I was dating a guy and he showed up in them - deal breaker.

10 comments:

  1. love love love those Ray Bans!!!! And I haven't seen the Toms in real life (I know, I must live under a rock) but the pics look like Big Momma's house shoes...so I'm a little unsure of those - but the charity thing is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in theory you can just donate to charity, but I think people are stingier when it comes to donating money than buying trendy shoes. It's been shown (somewhere, by someone, sorry, I don't have all my facts down but possibly MIT's Poverty Lab) that most people (Americans in this case) have an upper limit when it comes to giving money. When Katrina happened, people did give lots to relief funds, but cut back on their usual charities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right that TOMs do kind of make your feet look baked potatos but they are just so darn comfy. I don't really mind the look on women but I agree that I couldn't date a guy that sported them, they're justs too femine in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I SO agree!!!! Perfectly stated Skipper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wear big sunglasses either. They just look too big for my face!

    I had TOMS when they first came out, back when they could barely be worn outside and they weren't super trendy. I think they are comfortable. I wouldn't like a guy to wear them on a date though! I think they are good casual, weekend, running errands type of shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a fan of TOMS shoes either... and love the Ray Bans...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice. I think Wayfarers are much more becoming. Did you get black frames, or tortoiseshell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm personally a big fan of thiseastcoastlife blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete