15 February 2011

On Facebook...

Friday, First Mate (my daughter, more about her later), my cousin and I went to the mall.  We weren't doing much more than window shopping and making fun of the stores' offerings.  As I walked out of the dressing room in The Gap (damn are "skinny pants" REALLY skinny), I saw a cute man about my age walk by.  Of course I noticed right away that he was married so, I ran pushed First Mate quickly over to a different model pant and headed to the dressing room.

It was then that said cute man called out my first and last (maiden) name.  I looked him in the eye and knew right away who he was - my 6th grade mega-crush.  *Swoon* (that was for you Kristy!)  At that moment, a barrage different things filled my thoughts.

The most poignant of them: shit, I never accepted his friend request on Facebook.  Seriously, at 32 years old, THAT was the first thing that came to mind?  Not, I wonder what he's been up to?  Or, whatever people usually think when they see someone for the first time in 14 years.  Nope, I was more concerned that I now looked like a super bitch snob because I didn't press the little "confirm" button on the world's most popular social networking page.  Thankfully, I never pressed "not now" button either, so, I hoped that I only looked busy and though I was at the mall on a Friday afternoon, I was somehow unable to find the time to attend to my Facebook account.

Ahhh...technology.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! We were just talking about being "discovered" in public because of our Facebook profiles... I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse.

    ReplyDelete